If I still have some spare time, I will always bake kueh lapis just for new year. Maybe of this recipe use lots of egg yolks, I found there were more wave in this lapis, therefore the line not as neat as I did last year. Or maybe I should practice more :) And I found out that this lapis even nicer if you eat on the second day, are you thinking the same way too?
200 gr Butter
150 gr Margarine
2 tbsp Condense milk
2 tbsp Rum
25 Egg yolks
3 Egg white
170 gm. Caster sugar
50 gr Plain flour
10 gr Milk powder
1 tsp Mixed spice
- Preheat 200C
- Cream butter till creamy and pale in colour. Add in condense milk and rum, mix well.
- Whisk ‘B’ until thick & double in volume, then add ‘A’, whisk until mix well.
- Fold in ‘C’, mix well using spatula.
- Prepare 8" tray, lined at the bottom.
- Bake the first layer with top-bottom heat.
- Then bake the next layer until the last layer using top heat. Try to bake it each layer not more than 5 minutes or else, the cake will turn hard.
- Use back spoon to press lightly to flatten each layer while you mixed the batter into the tray.
- When finish the last layer, cover with aluminium foil, using top bottom heat bake the cake at 180C for about 10 mins.