I saw ripe passion fruits selling cheap ($3 per kg) in the market. Don't be fool by the appearance of the skin in wrinkle, actually you will find more juice in this fruit, cause it already riped. Finally, I made passion fruit syrup on my own (of course with my friend "A" guidance :) ). Lastly, tried to make into Chiffon Cake.
80 g Cake Flour
4 egg yolks
1 whole Passion Fruit with seed
60 g Passion fruit syrup
20 g Milk
40 g Corn Oil
4 egg whites
30g castor sugar
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- Preheat the oven to 170C
- Use hand whisk to whisk egg yolk and sugar until creamy and light in colour.
- Then add passion fruit, syrup, milk and corn oil, mixed well.
- Add in flour mixture into yolk mixture. Put aside.
- Beat egg white and cream of tartar until big bubbles formed, then add the sugar a little at a time a
nd beat until medium stiff perks formed.
- Pour 1/3 egg white mixture into egg yolk-flour mixture and mixed well, then pour this into the rest of the egg white and mixed well.
- Bake it for 45 minutes or until cooked.
- Invert the cake with the tube pan during cool down process
- Remove the cake once cool down and serve
- Whipped Cream with a table spoon of syrup
- Passion Fruit
Other pictures :