When I saw 茄子 baking this, and thanks to her :) that it remind me of this kind of wheel pan, which actually I bought long time ago but not yet try it. Since this month Learn2Bake challenge, the topic is a loaf of bread, then I decided to bake this to participate for the challenge :)
Original recipe from 这里, here I made some modification:
250 gr Bread flour
4 gr Instant yeast
15 gr Milk powder
50 gr Sugar
30 gr Egg
120 gr Fresh milk
A pinch of Salt
30 gr Butter (can reduce to 20-25gr)
60 gr Golden Raisins (soaked with little bit hot water for a while, then tap dry)
- Combine ingredients A together in a mixer bowl.
- Give it a slight blend before adding in ingredients B.
- Beat using a ‘S’ hook for about 5 minutes to form a dough.
- Add in ingredients C (I found my dough up to here too wet at this point, therefore I added more flour)and beat further until the dough has a smooth surface.
- Add in raisins, beat for another 1 minute.
- Remove dough and leave it in a big bowl, covered with a piece of damp cloth or cling wrap. Leave bowl in a warm place and let the dough to proof for about 30-40 minutes or until it doubled in size
- Take out the dough and press out the gas produced during the proof.
- Divide it into 4 portions, round up and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Roll out each portion dough and place in the wheel pan. Let it rest again for another 30 minutes then close the wheel pan.
- Bake in a preheated 180C oven for about 45 minutes or until golden brown.
I found my bread a bit compact, so I guess that maybe too much dough put in. My final dough weight was 520 gr, next time I will reduced to 470 gr place in the wheel pan. Hopefully by then will get a better texture.
Other pictures :