Golden Raisins Bread


When I saw 茄子 baking this, and thanks to her :) that it remind me of this kind of wheel pan, which actually I bought long time ago but not yet try it. Since this month Learn2Bake challenge, the topic is a loaf of bread, then I decided to bake this to participate for the challenge :)


Original recipe from 这里, here I made some modification:

Ingredients:
A:
250 gr Bread flour
4 gr Instant yeast
15 gr Milk powder
50 gr Sugar

B:
30 gr Egg
120 gr Fresh milk

C:
A pinch of Salt
30 gr Butter (can reduce to 20-25gr)

D:
60 gr Golden Raisins (soaked with little bit hot water for a while, then tap dry)

Methods:
- Combine ingredients A together in a mixer bowl.
- Give it a slight blend before adding in ingredients B.
- Beat using a ‘S’ hook for about 5 minutes to form a dough.
- Add in ingredients C (I found my dough up to here too wet at this point, therefore I added more flour)and beat further until the dough has a smooth surface.
- Add in raisins, beat for another 1 minute.
- Remove dough and leave it in a big bowl, covered with a piece of damp cloth or cling wrap. Leave bowl in a warm place and let the dough to proof for about 30-40 minutes or until it doubled in size
- Take out the dough and press out the gas produced during the proof.
- Divide it into 4 portions, round up and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Roll out each portion dough and place in the wheel pan. Let it rest again for another 30 minutes then close the wheel pan.
- Bake in a preheated 180C oven for about 45 minutes or until golden brown.

NOTE:
I found my bread a bit compact, so I guess that maybe too much dough put in. My final dough weight was 520 gr, next time I will reduced to 470 gr place in the wheel pan. Hopefully by then will get a better texture.


Other pictures :


15 comments:

  1. Look really soft and nice. So good that I can eat this on its own...great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the loaf looks so cute with the use of the mould :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So this is how a wheel pan look like (looking from the set of photos you post at the bottom). Interesting loaf... Hehe...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! very neat loaf of bread. I must go and find my wheel pan too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohh this is pretty DG where did you get this wheel pan??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like cake to me ;DD Is this mold meant for bread only?

    ReplyDelete
  7. DG, this bread mould is different from mine,the recipe is for the mould with volume 2662cm3,maybe by calculate the volume of your wheel pan you can get the right dough weight.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The bread looks so soft and the mould is cool. Where did you buy it from?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Zoe,
    Thanks for the compliments :)

    Wendyywy, Jess@Bakericious and Hanushi,
    Thank you for the lovely comments :)

    Happy Flour,
    Thanks. Yes, better utilise soon or else the pan get rusty hehehehe ....

    Jess@J3ssKitch3n & Wen,
    Thanks, but sorry I have no idea where to buy this, I've got mine from bulk purchase of baking forum long time ago.

    Or you may get something similar mould, but of course better quality here :
    http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=1819734609

    茄子,
    Ya, mine is double your mould, I guess. The dimension is dia 11.5 x 21 cm, so about 2777cm3. Overall the cake texture is soft and my family love the taste, just a bit compact on mine. However, next time I will remember to reduce the dough to put in the mould, so can get as fluffy bread as yours. Thanks for sharing the recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The shape of the bread looks cute and soft.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yummy Koh, Hearty Bakes and Neyeeloh,
    Thanks for nice comments :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a cute mold. I been wanting to buy this mold forever, but have never gotten down to it. Your bread looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete