Black Sesame Chiffon Cake
Thanks to my colleague GF, who sharing her black sesame paste generously with me. I have been wanted to bake this black sesame paste chiffon cake for quite sometime, where I happened to know about this from Happy Flour, therefore straight away I knew what to do with the paste and where to find the recipe heheeheehe …. :)
The chiffon turned out soft and fluffy with a nice aroma of black sesame :)
3 Egg yolk
15 gr Sugar
1/4 tsp Salt
30 gr Oil
30 gr Black sesame paste
60 gr Fresh milk
75 gr Cake flour
3 Egg white
1/4 tsp Cream of tartar
60 gr Sugar
Toasted black sesame seed for topping (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 170C
- Combine milk, oil, salt and sesame paste together, set aside.
- Use hand whisk to whisk egg yolk and sugar until creamy and light in colour.
- Then add in the black sesame mixture and flour together into yolk mixture. Put aside.
- Beat egg white and cream of tartar until big bubbles formed, then gradually add the sugar and beat until stiff perks form.
- Fold 1/3 egg white mixture into egg yolk-flour mixture and mixed well, then pour this into the rest of the egg white in 3 portions and mixed well.
- Pour batter into a 20 cm tube pan (I put some black sesame seed first before pouring the batter).
- Bake it for 35-45 minutes or until cooked.
- Invert the cake with the tube pan during cool down process
- Remove the cake once cool down and serve