Moist Orange Cake
When I saw this moist orange cake from Mat Gebu, it looks soft and fluffy. He promoted this cake because simplicity of the recipe and with only 5 ingredients in used. So, I have the ingredients at home, so why not to give a try …. :) Too bad, I don’t have nice bundt pan, try to utilize of what I have at home, and at the end … hahahaha …. produce a shallow cake. Most important, the cake is indeed soft, moist & yummy.
130 gr Butter
1/2 cup caster sugar (I used 100 gr)
2 Egg yolks
1 cup Self-raising flour (I used 150gr)
1 Orange to make juice (I used 100 gr) + orange zest
2 Egg whites
20 gr caster sugar
- Preheated the oven 175C
- Cream butter and sugar until pale.
- Add in one by one the egg yolks and orange zest.
- Switch mixer to lower speech, add in flour alternately with orang juice, ending with flour. Set a side.
- Whisk egg whites until foamy, add in 20 gr sugar and continue whisk until stiff peak form.
- Take 1/3 of white eggs batter to the butter mixture, mix well.
- Then partially pour the butter mixture to the remaining egg whites, mix until well combined.
- Pour in the baking pan and bake for 40-45 minutes or golden brown.
- Remove the cake from the mould immediately.
- Set aside to cool.