4 Egg yolks
50 gr Sugar
40 gr Milk
40 gr Butter, melted
100 gr Cake four
4 Egg whites
25 gr Sugar
¼ tsp Strawberry paste
a bit of Red food colouring
100 gr Whipped Cream
- Preheat oven 200 degree.
- Hand whisk egg yolks and sugar until pale. Add in milk & melted butter, mix well.
- Fold in cake flour until combined.
- In separated bowl, whisk egg white until foamy, add in 25gr sugar, whisk until stiff (soft peak).
- Pour 1/3 egg white mixture into egg yolk-flour mixture and mixed well, then pour this into the rest of the egg white and mixed well.
- Divide the batter into two, one portion remains plain and one portion add in strawberry paste and red food colouring. Pour each colour into piping bag, cut out the end of the piping bag, to make a small hole.
- Pipe out a diagonal line in alternately colour batter into tray (12”x12”x1”) and bake for 15-20 mins.
- Leave to cool on a wire rack
- Spread cake once it cool with whipped cream and strawberry jam, then roll it with the help of the greaseproof paper.
- Refrigerate it before slicing the cake.
This is how the batter looks like before baking (updated by 04/11/10)