Pandan Chiffon



Baking Chiffon cake can be addicted, and now I’m into the Chiffon craze. And seems Chiffon is favorites in my family. I would love to bake this cake again sometime soon, as I think this is fail proof recipe. Why ???


As you can see from the above picture, if you compare it, the high of the cake was never raise. Why? Just before I put in to the oven, why there is still got flour on my table, then I realize that I forgot to add the flour into the egg yolk and egg white mixture. Hahahaha ….. silly me. So I had to dig the batter out again from the tin and mixed with the flour. End up the batter a bit deflate. I was just thinking maybe the result will turn to Pandan Cake instead of Pandan Chiffon.
Unexpectedly, I was so happy, the cake still got the right texture, soft and fluffy. That’s why I said maybe this could be a fail-proof recipe. :) And maybe if I do it properly, I could get a higher Chiffon.

Tested recipe by : CookingMomster

Ingredients :
A :
3 egg yolks
40 g castor sugar
75 g self raising flour, sifted
1 tbsp olive oil ( I used soya oil )
100 ml coconut milk ( I used 3 tbsp of coconut powder mixed with water )
3-4 pandan leaves pounded with 4 tbsp water to get the pandan juice + 1 tsp pandan paste

B :
3 egg white
40 g sugar
1/2 tsp cream of tartar

Method :
- Whisk egg yolks with sugar till creamy. Then add in olive oil, coconut milk and pandan paste. Mixed well and fold in the flour. Set aside.
- Whisk egg white with sugar and cream of tartar till stiff.
- Fold in egg yolks batter into the egg whites batter. Mixed well and pour into a chiffon cake pan. ( I used a 17 cm pan )
- Bake at 180 DC for 40 minutes. Invert the cake pan over a cooling rack and let it cool completely.

Until now I think I still need to improve on:
- top part of cake should not crack
- if possible to see the brown crust form outside the cake
- if possible to see mini air pockets, instead uneven air pockets.
So, you maybe see me bake Chiffon again. :)

2 comments:

  1. Wow, it looks yummy though you forget about the flour at first. Glad you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue Momster,

    Thanks for visiting here and sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete