Banana Butter Sponge


I had bananas that were ripening on my kitchen table, try make use of it so that we don't waste that healthy fruit, right? I've been wanted to try on this banana sponge cake sharing by J3ss Kitch3n. Since there was only 2 banana left, then I just baked half of the recipe.

The cake was initially rise in the oven but then started to sink after that. I guess I never properly softened the banana, therefore the cake was a bit dense, but it was still nice and soft.

Banana Butter Sponge
adapted from Alex Goh Fruity Cakes

Ingredients
90g sugar
4 eggs
120g plain flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
200g mashed bananas mix with 1/4 tsp baking soda
85g melted butter

Method
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Using a electric beater whisk sugar and eggs until light and fluffy, add in plain flour and baking powder and whisk till combined.
- Add in banana mixture and mix till combined.
- Stir in melted butter in the above mixture until well blended
- Spoon mixture into baking tin or paper cups and baked in for 20-30mins or till golden brown.
- Cool and serve.

8 comments:

  1. I tried this recipe sometimes ago too but I baked it in cupcakes casings. Quite nice and light.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks nice & fluffy! I have some ripe bananas but got eaten up by my girls today! Oh well, will try it next time. :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love banana cake and I also bookmarked this when Jess posted this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi DG, if you don't mind using SP you may follow the original recipe. The cake will be very soft for sure. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will just happily eat it as I love any cakes with bananas added. Love the flavour and it's moist look....mmm

    ReplyDelete
  6. yummy x 3 DG i'm so glad you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love banana cakes. This looks light & must be delicious too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wen,
    Yup, the cake is really soft & yummy.

    Honey Bee Sweet,
    Thank you. This recipe has many good recommendation, give it a try next time, sure you will like it :)

    Anncoo,
    I saw your banana sponge cake also looks pretty & yummy too.

    Cook.Bake.Love,
    Yup, saw yours too, it is indeed very soft & delicious. I should try using SP next time. Thanks for the tips :)

    MaryMoh,
    Thanks for the lovely comments.

    J3ss Kitch3n,
    Thanks for sharing the recipe, this is absolutely yummy. However, I love your cake, because of the brownish colour, mine looks really pale.

    Home Kreation,
    Thank you, I love banana cakes too.

    ReplyDelete