Source : Sonia - Nasi Lemak Lover
200 gr Tapioca flour
60 gr Sago flour
4 screwpine (pandan) leaves, cut into small pieces
1 egg yok
85 gr Icing sugar
70-80ml coconut milk (or adjust accordingly) -only use freshly squeeze coconut milk by not adding any water
A pinch of salt
Red food colouring (for decoration)
- Stir fry tapioca flour and sago flour with pandan leaves in a clean wok for 75mins over low flame (I only fried it around 30 mins) until flour very light and slightly turned yellow, and pandan leaves turned crispy. The final weight should be around 210-225 gr.
- Cool flour for several days (if you intend to keep more than 3 weeks, then store in air-tight container and keep inside the fridge) .
- Whisk egg yolk until creamy, add in icing sugar and half coconut milk, whisk till combine.-. In a mixing bowl, sift in tapioca+sago flour, add in egg mixture.
- Slowly add in(little by little)the balance coconut milk into mixture, mixing by hand till mixture clings together to form a stiff dough, smooth and pliable(neither too wet nor dry, knead about 5mins).
- Dust a Bangkit mould with extra flour, press dough gently into mould. Trim excess dough. Tap gently on hard surface to remove dough. Repeat.
- Bake in preheated oven at 160c for 25mins.
Yields : 50-60 pcs