Source : IG @juw1t4_ling
250 gr Butter
150 gr Castor sugar (Original 200 gr)
8 Egg yolks
1 tsp Vanilla extract (optional)
240 gr Plain flour
2 Tbsp Fresh Milk (optional)
4 Egg white
75 gr Sugar
for zebra effect
3 tsp Cocoa powder + 1 Tbsp Hot water
- Preheat oven at 160 C to 170 C. Lightly grease the base of a 8" square or round cake pan and line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy
- Add egg yolks one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla extract.
- Fold in the flour mixture and milk in 2 or 3 batches.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites until foamy. Gradually add the 75g of sugar and whisk until stiff peak.
- Fold 1/3 white eggs mixture into butter batter, slowly pour the rest of the egg whites until well-blended, then Do not over fold or the egg will deflate.
- If you would like to make zebra effect, get 1/3 portions of the batter and mix with the cocoa powder mixture. Pour alternately plain & chocolate portion at the same point into 8 inch greased tin.
- Bake for 45-50 mins or until a skewer inserted in the center of the cake turns out clean. (Cover up with aluminium foil if you see the cake turns brown too quickly and continue bake until cook)
- Remove cake from oven and let it cool for 5 minutes before inverting (pan still intact) onto a cooling rack.